Minky is a consent-forward club committed to the development of a safe, inclusive, trauma-informed, and consent-based culture. Minky policy dictates that leadership believe and support our reporters/survivors. We hold as a central value that to do so helps keep not only our survivors but our whole community safer.
Our consent policy is a standard to which we hold our membership in any interaction. Reports of violations at Minky events, in Minky’s online spaces, at other groups or events in the community, and in private interactions can all result in moderator intervention and action. As is the case in any private club, attending Minky events is a privilege, not a right, and we reserve the right to limit access as necessary.
Violation of the consent policy may result in expulsion from an event or the group. No member, moderator, host, or guest is exempt from the following rules.
Minky’s Consent Policy
- Never touch people or personal property without explicit permission.
- Do not engage in verbal role-play, honorifics or name-calling unless you have express permission. For example, don’t use honorifics like “sir” or “miss” or titles like “slave,” “mistress,” or “daddy” to refer to yourself during a scene or to refer to others unless you have negotiated consent to use them.
- Negotiate the scope of your scene prior to play. Before the scene begins, it must be clear to everyone participating in the scene that all parties have given consent to all proposed acts.
- Know and communicate your personal risk profile. Allow all participants, be they top or bottom, to make an informed personal risk assessment in regards to what risks they are accepting by playing with you. If your specific risk factors for a scene place extraordinary or special risk onto participants and those risks are not communicated during negotiation, that may be a violation of consent regardless of if the scene goes well or not. Each participant is responsible for ensuring to the best of their ability that everyone involved has the mental and emotional ability for informed enthusiastic consent.
- Participants can withdraw consent, make a nonverbal safesign, or use the universal safeword “Red” at any time. Once consent is withdrawn, the activity must stop immediately. Dungeon Monitors (DMs) will be enforcing immediate cessation of play at “Red” or another safeword that has been previously shared with the event’s monitors. Partners are responsible for sharing which safewords or safesigns are being used. Let the DM know if you are using a non-standard or non-verbal safe word.
- We advise against renegotiating at any point during a scene. There is an elevated risk for compromised consent when in an altered state of mind such as subspace, domspace, or fight, flight, freeze, or fawn. During a scene, “negotiating up” in a way that trespasses a partner’s boundaries, from the top or the bottom, will be considered a consent violation if it is reported as a violation to the organization, and will be handled accordingly.
- If your consent is violated while at an event, we invite you to tell a DM or another moderator as you feel comfortable doing so. Swift action can be taken at the behest of the reporter. Violation of the consent policy may result in immediate action, up to and including expulsion from the event and/or group.
- If your consent is violated by a member or someone outside of Minky and you wish to reach out:
- At an event: tell a DM or other moderator. We will work with you towards re-establishing safety and comfort. Depending on the situation, we may request a follow-up report after the fact.
- Outside of one of our events: The best way to contact us by Discord direct messaging a single mod, or create a “support/report” ticket to the entire mod team. Or, email at firstname.lastname@example.org with pertinent information. We will confirm we received your email. We may have follow up questions for you in order to determine your and our community’s safety and to then determine our best course of action.
- We understand that processing a violation can take time. There is no time limit on how long you can wait to reach out to Minky leadership.
- Upon receiving a consent violation report, we will support the injured party in asking what course of action will make them feel safe in our space, and based on the information we receive we will communicate our decision to the violating party; up to and including expulsion from the group.
- Harassment or bullying of any kind is not permitted. If you harass a member or moderator in person, on our online community, in personal communication, or on Fetlife, you are in violation of our community standards and consent policy, and the situation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to enforce this policy, this organization makes no representations or guarantees about its ability to do so, and all participants/attendees retain full, sole responsibility for their safety and the safety of others with whom they interact.